- Body: Korina semi-hollow
- Top: Flame maple
- Neck: Korina
- Profile: Vintage C
- Fretboard: Tigerwood
- Frets: 22 medium
- Bridge: Fibenare wraparound
- Pickups: Fibenare P90 neck, ALV63-B bridge
- Finish: Tobacco-Caramel burst
- Inlays: Trapezoid mop
FIBENARE BASIC JAZZ RAHAN HOLLOW
FIBENARE ROADMASTER FB2 - FBB CUSTOM
The idea behind my second Fibenare was to get the most versatile all rounder possible. I grew up playing this style guitar, and so S-Type HSS always feels like coming home to me. This truly incredible instrument allows me to pull off most of what I need to do on one axe, and as phenomenal as the Erotic is I kept getting phantom whammy bar syndrome.
This is my first ever maple fretboard guitar and so I may have gone overboard with those flames of brutality, but I just couldn't resist it looks so goood!
I'm promising No. 3 will be grown up and restrained. (😂🤞🏻)
Check out these mind blowing hand made guitars over at fibenare-guitars.com
- Body: Alder
- Top: Flame maple
- Neck: Flame maple & board - satin finish w/vintage tint
- Profile: Medium C
- Radius: Compound 10-14
- Frets: 22 Jumbo stainless steel
- Bridge: 2-point floating Fibenare Trem
- Pickups: HSS - Neck and middle singles Y58s. Bridge humbucker ALV-56B.
- Switching: 5 way. Push push tone for series neck & middle
- Finish: Trans tobacco burst gloss
- Inlays: Black pearl dots and Bee logo at the 12th fret
Fibenare ERotic dalmat - Bb custom
I am proud to be a Fibenare artist. My custom Erotic was delivered in January 2017 and we've been inseparable ever since. It is with no exaggeration to say that this is not only the best guitar I have owned, but the very best guitar I have ever played. Every time I open the case I fall in love with it a little more.
Fibenare are a family run luthier based in Hungary and hand make some of the very best instruments in the world. The construction, aesthetics, playability and tone of these guitars are second to none.
Check them out over at fibenare-guitars.com
- Body: Hungarian ash
- Top: Quilted maple w/maple strip binding
- Neck: Ovankol w/oiled finish
- Fretboard: Ironwood w/maple binding
- Profile: Medium C
- Radius: Compound 10-16
- Frets: 24 Jumbo stainless steel
- Bridge: Wraparound Fibenare
- Pickups: H-H (ALV-63B / ALV-63N) w/maple mounts
- Switching: Series, parallel, coil split
- Finish: Trans charcoal/black
- Inlay: Bee logo at the 12th fret
ENTER THE HAWK!
I've been a fussy plectrum guy for as long as I can remember, I’ve even had the same worn out wallet for 13 years just because it has an old fashioned coin slot that perfectly fits a jazz IIIXL!
It's strange that as I became more and more comfortable playing legato the search for the right pick became even more important. That search, however, was brought to an end by the magnificent bird of prey.
Hawk picks feel incredible. They have solid grip holes and the material creates a superb tone that doesn't stand out when hybrid picking. I'm able to transition from picked notes to brushed middle finger notes without a huge change in tone. Spin it around Metheny style and the tone gets warmer and jazzier, even on a solid body guitar.
I've been using Hawk picks for a while now (amazingly without losing any) and it just feels horrible when I forget my trusty, crusty wallet and have to use anything else. \m/
I'm currently using custom variations on the TB4 model, 1.4mm with right hand bevel and grip holes in both ivory and abalone.
Some of the other gear I use on a regular basis
Suhr classic Pro hss
The Suhr classic is my main trem guitar (well, until Fibenare #2 is conceived and executed that is! ;). HSS pups, 2-point gotoh trem, stainless steel medium jumbo frets, it sounds great and is a remarkably versatile guitar.
DIRT & TIME
Like any GAS afflicted axe addict, my pedalboard is in constant flux. However, there are some constants: I'm a fan of Strymon for time and Wampler for dirt.
Current main board signal goes:
- Digitech The Drop (the function band army knife!)
- Dunlop Vol X
- Mini Cry Baby or CAE Wah-Wah
- Wampler Ego Compressor
- Wampler Tumnus Boost/Overdrive
- Wampler Dual Fusion Dual Overdrive
- JHS @ Channel Drive
- Providence Anadime Chorus
- Strymon Timeline Delay + Dunlop Vol Exp.
- Strymon Big Sky Reverb
AMPS & RECORDING
I am currently using a Victory V30 and horizontal 2x12 for function band gigs. I also use the head at home in the studio with my Torpedo Live load box/cab modeller.
I've also used the small but mighty 5 watt Laney Lionheart for a number of years, cranking it at home, at smaller jams and jazz gigs.